Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

***Justin DONATES $200,000 to MEMPHIS MUSIC ORGANIZATION***

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mrs.timberlake
Mickey Mouse Club
Mickey Mouse Club
mrs.timberlake

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2008-03-20

***Justin DONATES $200,000 to MEMPHIS MUSIC ORGANIZATION*** Empty
PostSubject: ***Justin DONATES $200,000 to MEMPHIS MUSIC ORGANIZATION***   ***Justin DONATES $200,000 to MEMPHIS MUSIC ORGANIZATION*** Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:41 pm

Justin Timberlake Donates $200,000 to Memphis Music Organizations :affraid:

MARCH 20, 2008 - 06:14 PM

Memphis native and music star Justin Timberlake has made two separate donations of $100,000 to the Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum and to the Memphis Music Foundation. Timberlake, in Memphis for filming on the independent movie, The Open Road, presented a check to Rock 'n' Soul Museum executive director, John Doyle, and museum Board Chairman, Joel Hobson, and to Dean Deyo, president of the Memphis Music Foundation on Thursday.

From the press release: Timberlake, 27, was born in Memphis and grew up in Millington. Since rising to super stardom as an award-winning singer, songwriter, producer and actor, he has continued to promote and support his hometown, including making an earlier financial gift to E.E. Jeter Elementary School, which he attended, to support music education. "Music education and keeping the legacy of Memphis Music alive has always been important to me," said Timberlake. "That is why I will always continue to support my home town the same way they have always supported me."

The Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum will utilize the gift to further achieve its mission of "telling the story of Memphis music and perpetuating its legacy" and to advance music education for students throughout Shelby County.

"Like musicians around the globe, he has always recognized the musical magic of this city, and he has never stopped promoting it," said Doyle. "He has never stopped giving back to the community, to the local music industry, and to young people. The museum is honored by his generosity, honored by his recognition of the museum's message, and honored that he is from Memphis."

LINK :@: http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/Content?oid=oid%3A40821
Back to top Go down
AintNoOtherFan
Administrator
Administrator
AintNoOtherFan

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: ***Justin DONATES $200,000 to MEMPHIS MUSIC ORGANIZATION***   ***Justin DONATES $200,000 to MEMPHIS MUSIC ORGANIZATION*** Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:57 pm

It's something that he has to do!
Also is great that he does this kind of contribution where he grew up,!
All the stars must follow this kind of Charity! and all of them do! smile
Back to top Go down
https://greatestgeneration.forumotion.com
mrs.timberlake
Mickey Mouse Club
Mickey Mouse Club
mrs.timberlake

PostSubject: Re: ***Justin DONATES $200,000 to MEMPHIS MUSIC ORGANIZATION***   ***Justin DONATES $200,000 to MEMPHIS MUSIC ORGANIZATION*** Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:03 am

they dont really have to, but the majority of them do it cause they dont want to pay taxes...or they actually care about the people that they give the charity too....i think that he does do it cause he really cares....and the benefit its the no tax paying stuff.
Back to top Go down
AintNoOtherFan
Administrator
Administrator
AintNoOtherFan

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: ***Justin DONATES $200,000 to MEMPHIS MUSIC ORGANIZATION***   ***Justin DONATES $200,000 to MEMPHIS MUSIC ORGANIZATION*** Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:08 am

mrs.timberlake wrote:
they dont really have to, but the majority of them do it cause they dont want to pay taxes...or they actually care about the people that they give the charity too....i think that he does do it cause he really cares....and the benefit its the no tax paying stuff.

That's what i tried to say...the taxes thing! but sometimes it's kind of hard to express what i think in the right way! english isn't my first language! :pale:
Back to top Go down
https://greatestgeneration.forumotion.com
mrs.timberlake
Mickey Mouse Club
Mickey Mouse Club
mrs.timberlake

PostSubject: Re: ***Justin DONATES $200,000 to MEMPHIS MUSIC ORGANIZATION***   ***Justin DONATES $200,000 to MEMPHIS MUSIC ORGANIZATION*** Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:27 am

oh ok....i get it!!!!!!!! its ok, at least we got that cleared up! (i read you pm!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ***Justin DONATES $200,000 to MEMPHIS MUSIC ORGANIZATION***   ***Justin DONATES $200,000 to MEMPHIS MUSIC ORGANIZATION*** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

***Justin DONATES $200,000 to MEMPHIS MUSIC ORGANIZATION***
Page 1 of 1